The Alaska Energy Authority (AEA) is seeking applications for eligible renewable energy projects through the Renewable Energy Fund (REF). The Round 13 application period opens July 20, 2020 and closes September 28, 2020. AEA will evaluate all applications received and will consult with the Renewable Energy Fund Advisory Committee (REFAC) to make final recommendations to the Alaska State Legislature for Fiscal Year 2022 funding. All funding decisions, including if there will be any funding available, will be made by the legislature.
Applications must be submitted to AEA no later than 4 p.m. on Monday, September 28, 2020.
Applications must be submitted to AEA by email (email to email@example.com) or by physical delivery to 813 W Northern Lights Blvd., Anchorage, AK 99503. Faxed applications will not be accepted.
• July 20, 2020: Round 13 Opens
• September 10, 2020: Deadline for emailed questions (email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
• September 28, 2020: Applications due by 4 p.m.
• Mid-December 2020: AEA’s evaluation of applications complete
• Early-January 2020: AEA solicits REFAC for recommendations
• January 29, 2021: AEA rrovides recommendations to Legislature
• July 1, 2021: Capital Funds appropriated by Legislature
• REF Round 13 Cover Letter (PDF, 268 KB)
• Request for Applications (PDF, 648 KB)
• Standard Application Form (Word, 132 KB)
• Heat Application Form (Word, 126 KB)
• Biomass Best Practices Guide (PDF, 682 KB)
• Heat Pumps Best Practices Guide (PDF, 677 KB)
• Heat Recovery Best Practices Guide (PDF, 488 KB)
• Hydro Power Best Practices Guide (PDF, 685 KB)
• Solar Power Best Practices Guide (PDF, 676 KB)
• Wind Power Best Practices Guide (PDF, 686 KB)
• Evaluation Model (Excel, 1.5 MB, updated 08/25/2020)
• Rural Fuel Model Report (PDF, 627 KB)
• Pricing Excess Electricity (PDF, 859 KB)
• Phase Prerequisites Checklists (Excel, 60 KB)
• Business and Operations Management Plan Template (Word, 51 KB)
• Business and Operations Management Plan Tables Template (Excel, 22 KB)
If you need assistance with your application, please contact AEA’s Grants Manager Karin St. Clair by email at email@example.com or by phone at (907) 771-3081.
Join the REF email list to receive email notifications regarding requests for applications, changes to the application process, and related communications. To subscribe, click here and follow the subscription instructions. You will be sent an email requesting confirmation of subscription.